Thursday, March 10, 2011

The best response I've received!


Yesterday I received in the mail the very best response to my February challenge that I've received so far. Yes, I would even say it was better than my signed picture of Bob Barker. It was a little envelope that obviously contained a thank you note, but I didn't recognize the name or the address of the sender. I opened the card and suddenly it hit me- I had received a personalized thank you note from one of my new favorite authors, Lynn Austin. She writes some of the most beautiful Christian novels that I've ever read, and I had let her know how they touched my heart and how I couldn't wait to read everything she had written. I also told her part of my purpose for writing my letters was to bring some happiness into other people's lives, and my hope was that they would spread it around (kind of like the movie Pay It Forward). I was fairly certain she wouldn't even receive my letter because I could only find the address for her publisher, but it was so neat that they got my letter to her. Here is what she wrote me, in her own handwriting:

"Dear Andrea, Thank you so much for taking the time to write and tell me how much you've enjoyed my books. I think it's a wonderful idea to write an encouraging letter every day! I know that you've certainly made my day. Thank you! I think we'll be very surprised when we get to Heaven to find out how much those "little things" really meant for Christ's Kingdom. I hope you continue to enjoy my stories and that they are a blessing to you ---Lynn"

Isn't that just the coolest? I had tears in my eyes as I read her letter. I can't believe a real author took the time to send me a card like that. And now, knowing how much it can mean to someone to receive something like that, I'll make sure to send a note to recognize all 4 pieces of fan mail I'll receive once my book is published ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment